This article is intended for IT Support at schools with Linewize Community that uses School Manager to manage students’ access to their network and internet connections.
A parent can’t create a Qustodio account.
If the parent tries registering with a different email address to the one in School Manager, the error message “This doesn’t seem to match the email your school sent the invite to” will appear. The parent must use the email address you uploaded or synced to your School Manager and assigned to their child.
You can resolve this by:
- Checking that the parent's email address is correct in School Manager > Community > Parent Management > Parent Details and updating it if necessary.
- Asking the parent to try registering again using the email address they received for their invitation to create their Qustodio account.
If the parent is still unable to create an account, please contact Linewize support for help.
A parent can’t connect to their child using Qustodio.
The parent has created a Qustodio Parent Account without using your school-provided unique URL
Parents cannot directly claim their child’s school learning device via the Qustodio Parent App. They must use the unique registration URL you provide them.
Ask the parent to try claiming their child again using your school’s registration URL. If the parent is still unable to claim their child, please contact Linewize support for help.
The parent’s Qustodio account has the wrong email address
This can happen if the parent is an existing Qustodio customer or has registered for their Qustodio account with a different email address than the one your school added to School Manager. Community will only allow users to claim their children if their Qustodio parent account email address matches the one in School Manager.
You can resolve this by:
- Checking that their email address is correct in School Manager > Community > Parent Management > Parent Details and updating it as necessary.
- Asking the user to change their Qustodio email address to match your one in School Manager.
The parent can use your school’s unique registration URL to log in and claim their child’s device once their email addresses in Qustodio and School Manager match.
The Parent is disconnected from the child
A parent's details are incorrect in School Manager.
You can correct a parent's information by updating your source of truth (typically Student Information System / SIS) and then either resyncing your SIS with School Manager or manually correcting their information in School Manager > Community > Parent Management > Parent Details.
If the parent’s details are still incorrect even after updating, check if:
- SIS sync still needs to be completed.
- SIS sync has partially synced (OneRoster Only) or failed.
- CSV upload has failed.
- Updated Locally Managed Parent was overwritten by SIS sync.
A parent connected to their child in Qustodio but can’t see school time activity data in their Qustodio account.
Community isn’t configured to share data with parents
You must enable the Share Student Usage and Insights feature for parents to see an overview of their children’s activity on school-managed devices. In School Manager, go to Configuration > Community > Configure Community and confirm that the Share Student Usage and Insights checkbox is selected.
The parent has changed their email address in Qustodio
If the parent previously had access to their children’s school-time activity data but does not anymore, they may have changed their email address in Qustodio. Community will only allow parents to see school time usage data for their children if their Qustodio account email address matches the one in their School Manager > Community > Parent Management parent details.
You can resolve this by:
- Updating their email address in your source of truth and School Manager
- Asking them to revert to the email address on file.
If the parent still can’t see their child’s usage data after correcting their email address, please contact Linewize Support for help.
Your school is offering Community to only some year levels
- Ensure you do not upload parent data for the year levels you want to exclude in the School Manager.
- Ensure students from the excluded year levels are not added to School Manager.
For help rolling out Linewize Community to specific year groups at your school, please contact your Linewize Success or Account Manager.
Parent can’t pause the Internet
Pause Internet is turned off at your school
You must enable the Allow Pause Internet feature for parents to pause the Internet on their children’s school-managed devices. In School Manager, go to Configuration > Community > Configure Community and confirm that the Allow Pause Internet checkbox is selected.
The parent is trying to pause the Internet during school hours
Unless you have enabled Pause Internet in 24/7 mode, parents can only pause the Internet on school-managed devices outside the school hours or on the non-school days set in your School Calendar.
- If they are trying to pause the Internet outside of school hours and it’s not working, go to Configuration > Calendar and check that your school hours and days are correct.
If Pause Internet is enabled in 24/7 mode and parents can’t pause the Internet on student devices, please contact Linewize Support for further assistance.
The parent is trying to pause the Internet on a personal device
Pause Internet is only available on school-managed devices.