This guide is for IT support.
Do not enable Classlink’s DataGuard on any fields for your Linewize products without contacting Linewize support first. Enabling DataGuard may prevent your Linewize solutions from working as needed.
Parents and Guardians
This article uses the term parent to include guardians and other legal custodians. Linewize will not arbitrate disputes between parents.
You can integrate ClassLink SIS (Student Information System) with School Manager to automatically sync and authenticate your students, teachers, parents and classrooms.
ClassLink automatically syncs with School Manager twice a week based on the device's region. The syncs occur in a 24-hour window that starts on Tuesday and Friday nights in that region, along with other SIS and Google Classroom syncs.
- In the US/NZ region, syncs start at 6 PM US Central Time (UTC-5).
- In the AU region, syncs start at 6 PM Perth Time (UTC+8).
- In the UK region, syncs start at 6 PM UTC.
You can manually run a sync if you need to propagate changes before the automatic sync period.
Before You Begin
- Ensure the email addresses for your users in School Manager match the email address for your users in ClassLink.
- Allow sufficient time for the sync to complete. ClassLink syncs may take longer than expected, with some taking up to four hours or more to finish. We recommend scheduling the sync outside of school hours to prevent disruptions.
Configuring the Roster Server Connection
The Roster Server Connection is required to generate the Endpoint URL, Client ID, and Client Secret.
- Follow the instructions for Adding a Roster Server Connection.
- Enter Linewize Classwize Class Import in the Roster Server Connection Name field.
- Once the Roster Server Connection is complete, go to Roster Server Tenants, on the roster server select the View Auth link. On the Direct tab, you will find your Endpoint URL, Client ID, and Client Secret.
- Go to Configuration > Authentication > SIS Integration.
- Select Add New.
- Select ClassLink. The Add ClassLink Sync dialog will appear.
- Select your school’s SIS from the Which SIS would you like to integrate? dropdown. Powerschool, Ellucian, eSchoolPlus, Illuminate Education, and Unit4 are available options.
- Enter a Name for the ClassLink integration .
- Enter the Endpoint URL. This is the URL of the root of the ClassLink server.
- Enter the Client ID. This is the username for your school’s SIS.
- Enter the Client Secret. This is your password for your school’s SIS.
- [OPTIONAL] Select Respect Enrolment Date to only sync current student data (excludes any previous students that have already left the school). If you don’t select this option, all existing student data will be synced.
- Select Sync Parent Data if you wish to sync parent data. This syncs the parent contact details. and their relationship with the students with our systems.
- Select Submit.
- The ClassLink integration will appear in the list.
- Select Sync.
- The sync status will show whether the sync succeeded or failed.
- To see the sync detail, select View Log.
The Sync Details will appear.
- A successful sync will display the number of Unmatched Users, Matched Students, Matched Teachers, and Imported Classes.
- A partial sync will display an error message advising why the sync was only partially successful. Please contact Linewize Support with the error code for help.
- A failed sync will display an error code. Please contact Linewize Support with the error code for help.
16. Sync may fail or partially sync if you have multiple schools in your SIS if some of the schools in your SIS have incomplete datasets. You can select Exclude Schools to remove those schools from the sync.
If you have unmatched users, ensure the email address for the users in School Manager matches those in ClassLink. If you still have unmatched users after verifying email addresses, contact Linewize Support.
Resetting the Integration
Resetting clears the last sync date stored in the database to appear as if it has never been synced.
- To do a complete sync reset, select Reset.
- A confirmation window will appear. Select the I Understand checkbox and select Yes, Reset.
Editing the Integration
- To edit the details, select Edit.
- The Edit ClassLink Sync dialog will appear to edit the details, when complete select Submit.
You will need to sync again after editing the details.
Deleting the Integration
Deleting the integration will not remove the students, teachers, or classrooms from School Manager. Users can still log in and use the school's network, but any updates to the users and groups within the SIS will not synchronize with School Manager.
- To delete the integration, select Delete.
- A confirmation window will appear. Select the I Understand checkbox and select Yes, Delete.