This article is for IT support.
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is Microsoft’s cloud-based identity and access management solution. Azure AD can sync users and groups from Active Directory, Microsoft Teams or Office 365 to be used for authentication in School Manager. Additionally, once Azure AD groups have been synced, the Groups can be used to manage classrooms in Classwize.
- Go to Configuration > Authentication > Azure AD.
- Select Enabled.
- (Optional) Select Strip Domain to allow users to log in as your.name instead of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your school’s Azure Domain (for example, countyschool.edu)
School Manager will sync all users of a tenancy when your school is part of a multi-tenancy domain.
- (Recommended) Select Use Microsoft API to improve syncing large directories.
- Select the Group Name Field or Group Description.
Azure AD will populate the Name column in Configuration > Users and Groups > Groups with the group name or group description.
- Select Save.
Syncing Azure AD
- When prompted, sign into Microsoft using your Azure AD credentials for your domain administrator or global administrator account.
- Accept the permissions requests.
- Read directory data
- Read all groups
- Access the directory as the signed-in user
- Read all users’ full profiles
- Sign in and read user profile
- Select Run Sync.
- After a few moments, refresh the page.
You will see a synced status with the number of users and groups imported if the sync is successful.
"Sorry, but we're having trouble with signing you in"
Ensure you are using the correct domain controller account associated with your school's Azure AD account.
"Need admin approval"
Ensure your domain administrator account has the Global Administrator permissions.
“Sync Status: Failed” in School Manager
If the sync is unsuccessful, you will see a Sync Status: Failed. Rerun the sync.
If sync continues to fail, please contact Linewize Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.