You can manually uninstall Linewize Connect and the Linewize Authentication Agent on each device, or alternatively, you can bulk uninstall them from school-managed devices using a device management platform. This guide will walk you through uninstalling the Connect Agent and Authentication Agent on your devices.
Manually uninstalling the Authentication Agent
- Run the following commands to uninstall the agent.
- Windows: wmic product where name="School Manager - Authentication Agent" call uninstall /nointeractive
- macOS: sudo /opt/FamilyZone/AuthenticationAgent/bin/fc-authentication-agent_darwin-amd64 --service uninstall
Manually uninstalling Connect
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the three dots on the Connect app/Authentication Agent, then select Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to remove the apps.
- Go to Finder > Applications.
- Click and drag the Connect app on top of the Trash icon in your Dock.
- Right-click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.
The bulk uninstallation process requires the assistance of Linewize Support. Reach out to discuss your options.