This article is intended for IT Support at schools with Linewize Community who use School Manager to manage students’ access to their network and internet connections.
Parents and Guardians
In this article, we use the term parent to include guardians and other legal custodians. Linewize will not arbitrate disputes between parents.
Parents at schools that use Linewize Community and School Manager can connect to a student using the Qustodio Parent App. Connecting to a student gives parents access to an overview of that student’s activity on school-managed devices and any other Community features, such as Pause Internet, that you have enabled at your school. You can use School Manager to undo this connection by disconnecting the parent from the student, which will also revoke their access to the student’s activity overview.
Disconnecting differs from removing in that disconnecting withdraws a parent’s existing connection to a student, while removing stops the parent from being able to connect to the child in the first place. A parent who has been disconnected but not removed from a student will be able to connect to that student again. Remove them to prevent them from re-connecting to the student.
You can disconnect parents from students from either the student’s Manage User page or the Community Parent Management page.
Disconnecting from the Manage User page
- Go to School Manager > Configuration > Users and Groups > Users.
- Find the student.
- Select Disconnect Parent.
- A confirmation window will appear, select Yes, Disconnect Parent.
If there are multiple parents, repeat these steps until all parents are removed.
Disconnecting from the Parent Management page
- Go to School Manager > Community > Parent Management.
- In the search box, enter the parent's name or email address.
- Select the arrow icon.
- A new window will appear with the parent’s details. Select Disconnect.
- A confirmation window will appear. Select Disconnect.