We will be retiring School Community Platform (SCP) on June 30, 2023. Between now and then, we encourage you to contact Linewize Support to discuss if Linewize Community is suitable for your school.
A cancelled parent account will result in information not being shared with the school’s School Community Platform (SCP). Importantly, an account with a current “cancelled” status will prevent your school from being able to apply content filtering rules to a student's primary learning device during school hours if they go off the school's network and hotspot on another device. This will also result in their child not appearing in your school’s SCP.
Reasons for cancelled accounts
A cancelled account can occur for a number of reasons:
- A parent has previously created/used an active Family Zone consumer account and subsequently cancelled it.
- A parent has accessed a trial consumer Family Zone account and not followed through with activating a premium account (i.e the trial has ended).
- A parent may have opted out of sharing their details with the school's SCP via the Family Zone Parent Control settings.
It‘s not compulsory for parents to opt-in. If they do not wish to activate their account, their child’s primary learning device will be protected during school hours only.
Finding cancelled accounts
- In SCP, go to Users > Students
- Select the Filter icon. On the first dropdown, select Parent Status. On the second dropdown, select Cancelled
- Select Apply Filter
- Go to Users > Students.
- Select the Export icon.
- Sort the CSV by Cancelled.
- Email the parents asking them to opt into School Community
Alternatively, ask the parents to confirm that they're happy to opt-in. Once authorized, contact Linewize Support to make the change on your school’s behalf.
- Instruct the parents to go to Settings > Family Settings.
- Toggle on Enable School Community.
Please sign in to leave a comment.