We will be retiring School Community Platform (SCP) on June 30, 2023. Between now and then, we encourage you to contact Linewize Support to discuss if Linewize Community is suitable for your school.
This article explains how to remove a student device from a student’s account in School Community Platform (SCP). Removing devices can be done when a student has old or duplicate devices linked to their account.
Why would a student have more than one device?
A student may have multiple devices by:
- Adding other devices to their account such as phones, laptops or tablets
- Having duplicate devices due to the MAC address randomization feature
How do I prevent duplicate devices?
You will need to disable the MAC address randomization feature on student devices. This feature is also called Private Addresses or MAC Privacy on iOS and macOS devices.
Removing Student Devices
You can’t remove a device from a student if they have only one device, you can only remove a device if they have multiple devices linked to their account. Parents will also be able to remove devices.
- Navigate to Users > Students
- Search for the student using the search bar
- Select the Student, then scroll down to the Devices section and select Remove on the old or duplicate device.
- A confirmation window will appear, select Yes
I can’t remove a device
You won’t be able to remove the last device linked to the account; you can only remove a device if there are multiple devices linked to the account. If you can’t remove a device, and it’s not the only device associated with the account, please contact Linewize Support.
The student doesn’t have any devices in their account
Devices will only appear when they have Linewize Connect installed and are activated on the student’s Family Zone account. For more information, see Viewing a Student's details in SCP.
Please sign in to leave a comment.