In order to enable Classwize and other School Manager features such as off-network filtering, schools may need to install the Linewize Connect app or Connect Chrome Extension on all their students’ devices. This process can be completed using Group Policies or Connect can be manually installed on each device. This article discusses how to both bulk deploy and manually install Connect. It also covers some basic troubleshooting steps.
Windows, MacOS and Chromebooks
The Chrome Extension from https://www.linewize.io/anz/laptops is the Consumer version. Please download the Education version from here.
- Go to https://www.linewize.io/anz/laptops
- Select the download link below that corresponds with your chosen device.
- When the download is complete, open the installer and follow the prompts to install Connect.
- Select the Connect icon that will appear in your taskbar (for Windows), menu bar (for Macs) or browser (for Chromebooks).
iOS and Android
- Download and install the Connect App from the App or Google Play store onto each device. The name of the app is Family Zone Parental Controls.
We recommend using a Group Policy with your chosen MDM software to distribute Connect. Download the files here https://www.linewize.io/anz/laptops
Download the .msi or .exe files, you have the option to use command line arguments to assist with the installation.
|File Type||Optional Command Line Arguments|
msiexec.exe /i [ConnectFilename].msi /quiet
[ConnectFilename].exe --mode unattended
We recommend using an MDM to distribute Connect. Download the files here https://www.linewize.io/anz/laptops
For Mac: Download the .pkg file
We recommend using the Google Management Console to bulk install the Connect Chrome Extension on all devices. Your Linewize Service Delivery Engineer or Support will provide you with the Extension ID to use in the Apps & Extensions configuration in your Google Admin console.
I don’t have MDM software, how would I bulk install Connect?
There isn’t an easy way to bulk install Connect without MDM software. The only option is to manually install it on each device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.