This article is intended for IT support.
This article discusses changing the network card for your 30D School Manager appliance. Changing the network card will be necessary if there is a hardware failure or if you are upgrading from a copper NIC to a fiber NIC.
Complete this process outside of school hours. Your School Manager appliance will be offline during the installation.
Before you begin
Before you start the replacement, ensure that you have the following:
- Booked a call outside of school hours with a Linewize Deployment Engineer.
- Received your Network Interface Card (NIC)
- PH1 Screwdriver
- A VGA cable, monitor, and keyboard to access the command line
Changing the Network Interface Card (NIC) for a 30D
Before joining your call with the Linewize Deployment Engineer:
- Power off the appliance.
- Remove the network and power cables from the appliance.
- Using a PH1 screwdriver, remove the four screws securing the appliance to the server rack.
- Using a PH1 screwdriver, remove the five screws (two on each side, one on the rear).
- Lift the cover off the appliance.
- Remove the screws from the PCI front mount.
- Gently remove the NIC from the PCI slot.
- Carefully align and seat the card into the PCI slot by applying gentle pressure along the length of the card.
- Install the PCI front mount along with the screw.
- Install the cover onto the appliance along with the five screws.
- Install the appliance in the server rack along with the four screws.
- Plug in the cables, including the VGA cable, monitor, and keyboard.
- Power on the appliance.
- Contact your Deployment Engineer for the next steps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.