This article discusses changing the network card for your 40D School Manager appliance. Changing the network card will be necessary if there is a hardware failure or if you are upgrading from a copper NIC to a fiber NIC.
Warning: Complete this process outside of school hours. Your School Manager appliance will be offline during the installation.
Before you begin:
Before you start the replacement, ensure that you have the following:
- Booked a call outside of school hours with a Linewize Deployment Engineer.
- Received your Network Interface Card (NIC)
- PH1 Screwdriver
- A VGA cable, monitor, and keyboard to access the command line
Changing the Network Interface Card (NIC) for a 40D
Before joining your call with the Linewize Deployment Engineer:
- Power off the appliance.
- Remove the network and power cables from the appliance.
- Using a PH1 screwdriver, remove the four screws securing the appliance to the server rack.
- Depress the two buttons on the top of the chassis to release the top cover of the appliance.
- Unhinge the PCI front mount.
- Gently remove the NIC from the PCI slot.
- Carefully align and seat the card into the PCI slot by applying gentle pressure along the length of the card.
- Hinge the PCI front mount.
- Install the cover onto the appliance.
- Install the appliance in the server rack along with the four screws.
- Plug in the cables including the VGA cable, monitor, and keyboard.
- Power ON the appliance.
- Contact your Deployment Engineer for the next steps.