This article is intended for IT Support at schools with Linewize Community which use School Manager to manage students’ access to their network and internet connections.
Parents and Guardians
In this article, we use the term parent to include guardians and other legal custodians. Linewize will not arbitrate disputes between parents.
Community’s Send Weekly Reports lets your school send a Qustodio account invite and weekly email of student internet usage to parents who have not yet signed up for Community. The weekly email aims to engage parents in monitoring their child's internet usage at your school and explore other features that Linewize Community and Qustodio offer.
We may make revisions and improvements to Weekly Report content based on customer feedback.
Enabling Weekly Reports
Before enabling Community, you must ensure all student and parent information is correct in your School Information System (SIS) or other sources of truth. Community relies on your data being accurate to deliver our products, and correctly connect parents and students together. More information can be found in the following articles:
To enable weekly reports:
- Go to School Manager > Configuration > Community > Configure Community.
- Select the Share Student Usage and Insights checkbox.
- (Optional) Select the Share Student Timeline checkbox to include student usage data in the email.
- Select the Send Weekly Reports checkbox.
- Select Save.
Exclude a Student or Group from Weekly Reports
Manage Exclusions allows you to exclude specific students or groups from sharing Weekly Reports with their parents. The parents of excluded students will not receive Weekly Reports about them, even if they are already linked to them.
To set weekly report exclusions:
- Go to School Manager > Configuration > Community > Campaigns.
- Select Manage Exclusions. The Manage Exclusions dialog will appear.
- In the Exclude Groups field, enter the name of the group containing users you want to exclude.
- Select the group name from the matching results. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add more groups.
- In the Exclude Users field, enter the user name of specific students you want to exclude.
- Select the user name from the matching results. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add more users.
- Select Save Exclusions.