This article is for IT support.
In this article you will learn how to use the Advanced Search tool in School Manager to find students who have uninstalled the Connect app from their school managed learning device. You can share the results of your investigation with teachers or wellbeing staff. You can also use what you’ve discovered to determine whether to harden your device management settings.
You will need access to a list of students from your Student Information System (SIS) or school system to compare with students identified using Advanced Search.
Finding Connect app Uninstalls
- Go to Reports > Advanced Search.
- Select From Date.
- Select the start date and end date or use the Last 7 Days Preset. We recommend seven days for your first search to keep the number of records you investigate manageable. You may need to use a smaller date range for larger schools.
- You are limited to selecting a maximum of three months of data at a time. Select a shorter date range if the Advanced Search displays an error message.
- Select Group.
- Start typing the group name or scroll down the Group list.
- Select the Group name when you see it.
- Select Blocked Yes and No checkboxes.
- Select Agent.
- Select Contains from the left hand side dropdown.
- Enter chrome-extension, mobile-zone-darwin, mobile-zone-windows on the right hand side dropdown.
- Select Noise Yes and No checkboxes.
- Select Load (clockwise circular arrow).
- Select Unique Users.
The Unique Users list appears, displaying every student who reported in or logged onto the school network in the last seven days. You can compare this list to a year group and use it to identify any missing students who have managed to remove Connect from their school-managed devices.
(Optional) Download Unique Users list
- Select Download in the upper right.
- Select file type from Format dropdown.
- Select Advanced Data Options.
- Select All Results.
- Select Download.